Raise Your Hand For Milk
Visit us on Twitter
Five reasons why milk matters
- Milk provides nutrients essential for good health and kids will drink more when it's flavored.
- Flavored milk contains the same nine essential nutrients as white milk and is a healthful alternative to soft drinks.
- Drinking lowfat or fat free white or flavored milk helps kids get the 3 daily servings of milk recommended by the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and provides three of the five "nutrients of concern" that children do not get enough of - calcium, potassium and magnesium as well as vitamin D.
- Children who drink flavored milk meet more of their nutrient needs; do not consume more added sugar, fat or calories; and are not heavier than non-milk drinkers.
- Lowfat chocolate milk is the most popular milk choice in schools and kids drink less milk (and get fewer nutrients) if it's taken away.